I absolutely adore muffins. They might be one of my favorite foods ever lol. As much as I love using my stand mixer and hand mixer, sometimes it’s nice to go back to a simple bowl, whisk and spatula. And that’s why I love making muffins. Simple to make and there’s no need to pull out the heavy equipment(less to clean up too!). Here’s a chocolate chip muffin recipe that I made this morning.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips(I used semi-sweet jumbo chips)
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract
- In another large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- With a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do Not over mix the batter!
- Evenly fill buttered or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Yields 12 muffins.