Here’s another cookie recipe using my “cookie base mix”. I guess that’s what I’ll call it from now on haha. It’s basically a simple cookie recipe that I just add “special ingredients” too. In this case it’s white chocolate chips. It’s a good base for just about anything you could think of adding to a cookie.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup butter(1 1/2 sticks) softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl cream the sugars and shortening for 2-3 minutes. Add egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Fold in white chocolate chips
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper, spaced about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yields 25-30 cookies